Minutes, Occupy Western NC meeting Aug12, 2014,
Facilitator: Lucy Christopher, Minutes: Mike Rogers
Fracking hearing is Sept 12 at WCU
Apple Festival in Hendersonville; date ?
Dogwood Insight Center Sept 6 at 3p; several non-profit discussion, cooking contest
MEC hearing at WCU for far western NC input
- Canary coalition is to host the press conference and rally
- See “bullet points on key draft rules” for guidance on making comments
- Want lots of people to attend and comment
- The cosponsor of the Fast Track Fracking bill, Davis, stated he is opposed to testing in W NC
- Hearing at 5, signup at 4, press conference at 3:30?
- Consider a showing of Gasland II at campus the week prior to?
- Potential bus from Asheville
- Decided to do forum a different year, as we all have our hands full.
Pledge to Amend
- A drive to bring awareness of corp personhood. Movements don’t happen overnight. We are in the beginning phases .
- Voter Pledge: we will concentrate on other aspects than this.
- Candidtate Questionaire/Pledge
o Going to forums and asking the candidates
o As a team; questioner/taper/notes taker
o Sept4 (thurs) Hill & Meadows forum
o The idea is to work on local candidates who will move up eventually
o We agree to send out candidate pledges and announce to the press about results
o For next meeting: decide which candidates to pursue
7 Moral Days in Raleigh
- We unanimously agree as Occupy and MTA to endorse Move Forward.
- The 28th is the main event we might want to go to
Facilitator for Aug 26th Occupy meeting: Garrett Lagan