May 13, 2014
Pre-Assembly Dinner: Mad Batter – Main Street, Downtown Sylva, 5:30 pm
Facilitator: Allen Minute taker: Allen Timekeeper:
Focus and Moment of reflection
Round robin introductions – no new attendees
- GUTM report/debriefing – Lucy and Geraldine did a masterful job organizing and putting the event together. Bill, James, Jim, Garrett, Mike, and Sylvia volunteered at the booth. Signatures were gathered for fracking and MTA
- Labor (Post Election Gathering) – Awaiting word from Mark Case
- Hendersonville meeting – May 24, 12:00 pm at Sol Y Luna.
- GasLand II – Mountain Perks, 9 Depot St, BS, NC, 5:30 pm, May 28
- Meet with Jim Davis – Post Poned
Numbers and data for a positive economic and environmental direction forward:
- NC Sustainable Energy Association – http://energync.org
- North Carolina Solar Center- http://ncsc.ncsu.edu/
- Solar Energy Industries Association – http://www.seia.org/
- Energy [R]evolution – A Sustainable USA Energy Outlook: http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/en/media-center/reports/energy-revolution-2014/
- Energy [R]evolution scenarios http://www.energyblueprint.info
- NAACP – Officiers to be elected, speakers and lunch provided. Saturday, May 17
- Newsletter – publishing and archiving – No update
- National Builder – No update
- Finance – Geraldine – 5/13/14 Balance of $252.72. $31.00 collected from GUTM. Reimbursed for Occupies – $16.00.
Stack: (other) Dillsboro Town Council now opens meeting with prayer because everyone in Dillsboro is a Baptist.
Select next GA Facilitator: Lucy