Facilitator: Lucy Minute taker: Diane Timekeeper: Avram
Ann, Avram, Cory, Allen, Lucy, Ray, Diane
Focus and Moment of reflection
Ann: Point of order (hand sign of triangle) to help not to interrupt.
Round robin introductions of new people. Any stack topics?
- Place the link http://www.ncwethepeople.org/ on your Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media:
- NC We the People Campaign – Avram, etc. – Report on progress on contacting all the NCWTP Campaign Partners
- Diane & Avram wrote letter to send by email to all partners of campaign
- Once sent, then we can call to follow up.
- Avram read out loud for review & edits
- Allen will send Diane 5 people to call and Lucy the sponsors so she can divide among members to call as follow up. There are 32 sponsors.
- Plans for December 5th Occupy Report—Occupiers Ann, Joan and Cory discuss the list of Questions we are submitting to Candidates and their spokespersons
- tv – Avram on status of Mountain Stream
- Show is December 5th at 1:30
- Cory & Joan for 7 points discussed with 2 political surrogates
- NC Peoples’ Assembly- 2018 -Garrett
- not currently active
- Divestment – Cory, Brad
- Not sure what’s happening
- Can’t get traction from students.
- Administration doesn’t care
- Concentration on recycle instead
- Lucy may know someone from Cherokee to carry this on.
- Which two main issues will be our 2018 focus?
- NC We the People
- Allen proposed “Get out the Vote”
- Present at Democrat Progressive “Party”
Diane – List details about Dem Party
- Ann would like to undermine Duke Power by promoting renewable power.
- form energy coops
- work on law preventing competition of Duke Energy
- Avram can present report on laws relating to Duke Energy
- Treasure’s Report – Cory $432.75 last meeting, No expenditures
- Stack – nothing
- Facilitator on December 12th – Allen; Minutes – Diane